The Certificate / Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy Supervision
Course Entry Requirements:
• A Diploma level qualification (or above) in counselling/psychotherapy which was awarded at least 3 years prior to the start date of the course (Your professional training award must meet the minimum requirements needed for BACP Registration i.e. conducted over at least two years, with a minimum of 450 tutor contact hours and at least 100 hours of supervised client practice over the duration of the course).
• In current practice as a counsellor/psychotherapist receiving at least 1.5hrs of supervision per month
• Is a registered member of an appropriate professional body e.g. BACP, UKCP
• Has completed a minimum of 450 hours of supervised counselling / psychotherapy practice.
• Has the readiness to undertake the role of the supervisor and the demands of the course (demonstrated through written application and interview)
Course Fees for 2019:
The course fees are £1500 plus a £200 assessment fee, totalling £1700.
A deposit of £100 is payable to secure a place on the course once an offer has been made.
The £100 deposit will be deducted from the total remaining course and assessment fees.
The remaining fees can then be paid in full by the start date of the course or by setting up a payment plan of either 2 or 7 separate instalments. Course fees are reviewed each year.
There are additional costs for external supervision consultancy sessions, the fee for which you will negotiate with your chosen supervision practice consultant.
How to Apply:
Please send us a copy of your CV and a personal statement of no more than 1000 words to: [email protected]
Your personal statement will need to include:
• Your understanding of the purpose of supervision
• Your views on the qualities that are required to be an effective supervisor
• An indication of why you wish to be a supervisor and undertake the course
• An overview of your counselling/psychotherapy approach and your practice experience to date (to also include any experience of supervising others).
• An indication of the supervision practice arrangements you are likely to have in place for the duration of the course and which pathway you are most interested in undertaking i.e. The Certificate or the Diploma route.
Once we have received and reviewed your application we will contact you to let you know if you are being invited for interview. Interviews will be conducted via Skype or by telephone at a mutually agreed time. Successful applicants will need to pay a deposit of £100 to secure their place on the course.